Thanks to the rice wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce, this dish of minced peas has a typical Chinese taste. Delicious with white rice.
For 4 persons:
- 500 grams of minced meat of your choice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1.5 tbsp Shaoxing Chinese rice wine
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 200 grams of peas
- 2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- White pepper
- 375 grams of white rice
If you have the basic ingredients in Asian cuisine in your pantry, you’ll have this dish on the table in no time. If not, hurry to an Asian supermarket and stock them up, because with these ingredients you can make many more delicious recipes (which you’ll find on Culy, of course).
This is how you make Chinese minced meat with peas
Cook the rice as directed on the package. Drain and let stand with the lid on the pan. This will keep the rice warm for a while.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat and fry the minced meat with a pinch of white pepper to taste, the garlic and onion powder. Add the rice wine and stir well.
Then add the stock together with the oyster sauce, soy sauce and dark soy sauce and let it simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat.
Stir in the peas until warm, then add the sesame oil. Finally, stir the flour with water into the meat mixture and let it simmer for 1 minute. Season with a pinch of white pepper if desired.
More Chinese recipes:
- Noodles with bolognese sauce the Chinese way
- Pork belly in beer the Chinese way
- Quick Chinese wonton soup