We came across this recipe for meatballs in a sauce of white wine and black beans in a cookbook by Le Pain Quotidien. We’ve simplified it here a bit and adapted it to our taste. But fear not: the comfort food content has remained completely intact, as has the addictively tasty sauce.
For 4 persons
- lump of butter
- 20 of your favorite meatballs ( homemade or ready-made)
- 400 grams canned black beans, drained
For the mustard sauce
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 10 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown miso or 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 dl fresh whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 dl white wine
- Chopped chives, to garnish
Which meatballs you use, is of course entirely up to you. Homemade to your own favorite recipe (or as we like to make our meatballs ) or ready-made. And if you want it vegetarian, you can of course also buy vegetarian meatballs, such as the delicious one from De Vegetarische Slager .
This is how you make the meatballs
Brown the meatballs in a layer of butter and set aside.
In another pan, make the mustard sauce. Saute the shallots in a layer of olive oil. Add the mustard, fresh whipped cream and wine and let it simmer.
Stir in the miso (or stock cube), tarragon and nutmeg. It helps to use a whisk to dissolve the miso.
Let it reduce until the sauce has the desired thickness. Add the meatballs and stir them into the sauce. Place the balls in the bowl. Divide the beans around it and finish with the fresh chives.
More easy weekday recipes?
- quick mac and cheese with broccoli
- easy winter vegetable gratin
- Rigatoni Al Forno (easy pasta casserole)