Focaccia is indispensable with a hearty drink or Italian dinner and yes the supermarket sells them, but nothing beats a homemade one! It takes some time and practice makes perfect, but then you have something!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 14 grams dry yeast
- 480ml warm water
- 120 + 80 ml olive oil
- 450 grams flour + extra for kneading
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 10-12 pitted kalamata or taggiasca olives
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon chili flakes
In this video, Australian (television) chef Curtis Stone shows you how to make your own focaccia. You can choose to leave it basic, or add tomatoes, herbs and garlic like Curtis does in the video.
Would you rather read the recipe in peace? Then click here .