Adelicious recipe from Cuisine de Clementine that immediately brings spring into your home: a frittata with lemon, shrimps and peas. You only need a few ingredients for this and it will be on the table in no time .
- 5 large, organic eggs
- Small bunch of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Little splash of milk
- Handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- 175 grams peeled shrimp
- 100 grams peas (thawed)
- Olive oil
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- Spring onion, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Arugula or mixed leaf lettuce
- Optional: ciabatta or other bread to serve
- Also needed: a small frying pan that can go in the oven*
New to making frittatas? Click here for our article with handy do’s & don’ts.
Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. In a bowl, beat the eggs with a little bit of milk, salt and pepper (don’t do this for too long, the egg yolk and white may remain separated a bit, this will make the frittata fluffier). Then add the basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and peas. Chop half of the shrimp, leave the rest whole and toss in the egg mixture.
Heat a good glug of olive oil in the frying pan and pour in the egg mixture. Place the mixture over medium heat and stir slowly for 1 minute. Then place the pan in the hot oven. Bake the frittata for about 4-5 minutes, until it is golden brown and fluffy. Sprinkle the chilli and spring onions on top and carefully slide the frittata onto a plate. Dress the salad with some lemon juice, olive oil and a little salt. Divide the salad over the frittata and serve immediately.
* If you don’t have a frying pan that can go in the oven, you can also make the frittata in a small frying pan with a thick bottom + lid: heat a good dash of olive oil in the frying pan and pour in the egg mixture. Place the mixture over medium heat, stirring slowly for 1 minute. Then bake the frittata on very low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes with a lid on the pan.