This delicious recipe for a simple classic, the Caprese salad, comes from culy reader and blogger Shirley Mok . Present the dish differently, like a tower!
For 2 people:
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella made from buffalo milk
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves
- 80 grams of Parma ham*
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 4 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Thinly slice the mozzarella and tomatoes and wash the basil leaves.
2. Stack the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil alternately until you have a nice tower. (you can also place it diagonally on a plate)
3. Combine the pesto, white balsamic vinegar and a little pepper to form a dressing.
4. Drape the Parma ham next to the tower and finish with the dressing.