We found this healthy salad on the beautiful blog For the Love of Taste . Delicious as a side or main course.
For 2-4 persons:
- 160 grams dried chickpeas, soaked in water for 24 hours
- 1 small blood orange
- 1/2 orange
- 100 grams smoked mackerel fillet
- 1/2 fennel, finely chopped
- Fresh cress
For the dressing:
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout (spice mixture, available at some supermarkets or specialty stores)
- Pinch of mild chili flakes
Rinse the soaked chickpeas and bring to a boil in clean water. Let them cook for about 15 minutes, until they are al dente. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the chickpeas. Rinse them with cold water and drain.
For the dressing, mix the vinegar with the herbs in a large bowl, then mix in the olive oil with a whisk. Add the lukewarm chickpeas to the dressing and let it soak for a while.
Cut the skin of the (blood) oranges with a knife and then into pieces. Add to the salad along with the fennel.
Cut the cress out of the container with scissors, cut the mackerel into coarse pieces and add to the salad together with the cress. Mix briefly.