Sarah from the fun blog SarahaandeKook.nl made this crunchy winter salad with pecans. Yummy! You can also make this salad vegetarian by omitting the ham. Then add a tasty cheese, such as goat cheese.
For 2 people:
- 2 small bushes of chicory, leaves detached
- ½ red cabbage (small) in strips
- ½ winter carrots with the peeler in long ribbons
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 handfuls of pecan nuts
- Optional: 4 slices of raw ham
- pepper and salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 heaping teaspoons mustard
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing into a nice smooth sauce and set aside for later.
Toast the pecans in a dry frying pan until crisp and remove from the pan. Bake the ham in the same frying pan until crispy, let the ham drain on kitchen paper.
Place the chicory, red cabbage and carrot in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and divide between plates. Divide the nuts and basil over it. Garnish with the crispy ham and season with some salt and pepper.