This is perhaps the strangest article that has been on Culy for the past almost 10 (!) years, because we always want to look at our food. Still, we think it’s a relevant one. Because what’s more annoying than having to watch what goes in your mouth all the time, when you actually want to look at a screen? A specific screen then: a screen with a super exciting (sports) event such as the European Football Championship. Culy makes an exception for that alone: 25 simple dishes that you can eat during football without any hassle.
Normally it’s eyes on the ball! (ha!)
25 x dishes you can eat while watching football (or other sports matches)
1. Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
What could be easier than eating pizza while watching football? Culy wouldn’t be Culy of course if we let you eat a very tasty pizza. So say goodbye to the frozen pizzas forever and pledge never to eat them again.
But (as arrogant) you probably don’t even want that anymore after these variants. From Japan to Italy, there are now so many different ones, we could hardly choose! Note : pay attention to the temperature, a pizza that is too hot in the mouth can have adverse effects.
A whole range of pizza recipes:
- Culy Homemade: Japanese mini pizzas with sushi ginger
- Culy Homemade: miso aubergine pizza (try it!)
- Culy Homemade: ‘Turkish’ pizza with minced lamb, sumac onions and yogurt
- Culy Homemade: vegetarian summer pizza with peach, burrata and pesto
- Video: how to make Vietnamese pizza (Bánh Tráng Nuong)
2. Empanadas or samosas
Empanadas and samosas come from two completely different continents and don’t look quite alike. But for the sake of convenience, we put them under 1 denominator. It is meat (but can also be vegetarian) together with vegetables in a package of dough, fried nicely crispy. To hold everything in one hand, to bring it to your mouth, while watching football. Just sometimes some precision work for dipping in a tasty (spicy) sauce.
Packages full of goodies:
- Traditional Indian samosas with vegetable peas and potato
- Culy Homemade: empanadas with minced meat and chicken
- Quick samosas from the oven
3. Dim sum & sushi
These heavenly packages are almost a shame to eat without looking, but the senses next to the eyes (because they watch football) will do their job. Choose your favorite flavors in advance and be surprised with every bite by the simple, good ingredients that together ensure a party in your mouth. Hopefully football will also bring a party on the screen at!
Have fun with these recipes:
- Culy Homemade: dim sum with shrimp and minced meat
- How to: make your own dim sum
- Bye bye cucumber maki: this is how you make the best vegetarian sushi yourself
- Culy Homemade: Japanese onigiri (easy sushi balls)
- Onigirazu: a kind of Japanese sushi sandwich
4. Well-rolled wraps
We have already built up a good relationship in the Netherlands with what we call wraps. Actually a Mexican dish, but where we went and filled it with all kinds of tasty fillings. The best known is salmon with cream cheese and maybe spinach. But you can do so much more than that. Enter the kitchen, make your move and start rolling. That’s the best way to make sure you can snap while watching football!
Rolling, rolling, rolling recipes:
- Culy Homemade: quick wraps with tofu, corn and guacamole
- Culy Homemade: healthy wraps with curry cauliflower, hummus and arugula
- Culy Homemade: healthy wraps with grilled tofu in hoisin sauce
- Culy Homemade: super fast sushi wraps with salmon and avocado
This was a question of whether it was even possible to watch football and eat hamburgers. After all, you always run the risk of something dripping or falling, which can cause problems. But you don’t have to eat it with a knife and fork, so the burgers still made it to the final. We have listed a number of fantastic ones that will make you cheer.
- Culy Homemade: horribly tasty vegan burger (with the Beyond Burger!)
- Vitello tonnato burgers: veal burgers with tuna mayonnaise
- Culy Homemade: Smashburger Style Chicken Burger with Gochujang Mayo
- Culy Homemade: lamb burgers with feta and mint-pea pesto
- The Elvis Burger from Smokey Goodness (with peanut butter, bacon & banana)
- Culy Homemade: cheeseburger & fries, all from the oven!
- Culy Homemade: salmon burgers with wakame and ginger mayo
Super bowl party?
In America, the Superbowl (American football, not like our football, but more like rugby) is about the biggest sporting event of the year and true Superbowl parties are held. Also an idea for the Netherlands? Be inspired by Delish.com , they give no less than 75+ tips for party foods during a Superbowl party. Useful!