Attention little foodies: here comes a super cool trick. Did you know that you can easily transform sausages into small octopuses? In any case, we think the idea of octopus sausages is genius.
We recently discovered that octopus sausages (or salchipulpos , in Spanish) is a phenomenon that Spanish children grow up with. We understand why. Because as if sausages weren’t tasty enough on their own, they are undoubtedly much tastier when they are shaped like octopuses. And that turns out to be very easy!
Making octopus sausages
No idea how to do it? No worries. We explain step by step how to make octopus sausages yourself. All you need are those little frankfurters (or party knaks ), a sharp knife and a skewer.
Furthermore, you proceed as follows:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sausages for 2/3 in
- Turn the sausage a quarter turn and also make an indentation in 2/3 of the length of the sausage. You should now have a head with four legs.
- Make eight bones from the four legs by cutting two more notches.
- Pierce two eyes on the head of the octopus sausage with a toothpick.
- Make a mouth with a sharp knife.
- Fry the octopus sausages crispy in a layer of oil in a frying pan and separate the legs slightly with the help of a wooden spoon.
Get started with the octopus sausages!
And what about once you’ve made the sausages? Put them in the lunch box, or serve them as a snack at a children’s party.
Also tasty: make a pasta with vegetables and place the octopus sausages on top – for a child-friendly dish that still contains vegetables. Or serve them with fries: you will not hear anyone complain about that…
More inspiration for cooking with children?
- Culy Kids: this is how you make cool ‘dinosaur eggs’
- Culy Kids: these are the best cookbooks for children
- Culy Kids: rainbow pizzas with secretly a lot of vegetables