Visiting coming or just want to unpack for one? Putting together a menu can still be a challenge. Since the Culy editors get very enthusiastic about a themed dinner, we help you on your way with an atmosphere-enhancing menu for dinner, lunch or breakfast. This time we will prepare all the dishes to start your King’s Day full of energy and in (large) company: the complete menu for breakfast on King’s Day. Or brunch. Or lunch.
No starter or dessert: everything is served immediately, drink and food at the same time. After all, everyone joins when they feel like it.
Ideas for breakfast on King’s Day
Is it the sugars you need to start the day energetically or is it just because everything is allowed on a holiday? Either way, a King’s Day breakfast isn’t complete without a range of sweet dishes. From poffertjes to tompouces: success guaranteed. And that tompouce, you eat it that way, by the way.
- Poffertjes with beer for King’s Day
- Simple mango fool with yogurt and cardamom
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Easy rhubarb raspberry tompouce (with lime whipped cream)
- Airy ricotta pancakes with orange and poppy seeds
We prefer to exchange sweet with savory, of course. And since King’s Day is the perfect excuse to cook with color, we go for orange recipes for breakfast. From marinated salmon to carrot snacks that will also make the kids happy. In any case, we can’t wait.
- Homemade gravad lax, or gravlax (marinated salmon with dill)
- Flammkuchen with egg, Prosciutto and green herbs
- Carrots in crispy filo dough (healthy snack!) from Jamie Oliver
- Vegan sausage rolls with beer mayo
Drinks for King’s Day
At least as important during the start of a full breakfast on King’s Day: the drink. For many with alcohol, but still handy to have some non-alcoholic pitchers ready. Of course, completely in style. And if the temperature rises this year – yes please – then orange ice creams are a good idea for all ages.
- Orange cocktail for King’s Day
- Summer drink with orange juice, orange blossom and chili
- The easiest cocktail for the holidays: a large bowl of punch!
- Agua de Sandia: Mexican Watermelon Lemonade
Also looking for (orange) dishes for King’s Day for the rest of the day? You can find them here.
Source: Culy by culy.nl
*The article has been translated based on the content of Culy by culy.nl If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process it as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author.
Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of only having information available in a certain language.