You can sign up now for our Winter CSA FarmShare!
Love getting a box of delicious produce every week? The Winter FarmShare allows you to extend your enjoyment of GFGP FarmShares into the crisp, cool days of Fall and early Winter. Shares are offered on Tuesdays from November 4th until December 30th and can be picked up in Roanoke, Blacksburg or Floyd.
Approximately 60% of your share will be local fresh vegetables & fruits:
- Head lettuces & salad greens
- Winter squashes – many flavors!
- Cabbage, broccoli & cole crops
- Many types of potatoes, sweet potatoes & onions
- Wide variety of apples & Asian pears
- Root vegetables – carrots, beets & more
- Cooking greens – kales & collards
- Greenhouse tomatoes & cucumbers
Approximately 25% of your share will be local hand-crafted foods:
- A variety of cheeses
- Grass-pastured meats
- Baked treats & deli items
- Jams & fruit butters
- Honey & maple syrup
- Pickles & relishes
- Fermented foods
- Fresh pasta & pizza dough
- Many other delicious local foods
About 13% of your share will be one dozen per week of Weathertop Farm XL brown eggs from pastured poultry.
And a few surprises!
You can sign up three ways:
- Click the online registration icon labeled “WinterShare” below to sign up online. *If you prefer a gluten-free or meat-free option you must contact our office (email@example.com or (540) 745-4347 ext. 3) to specify your choice.
- Print the PDF of our sign-up form (2014 Wintershare Registration Flyer) and A) mail it and your payment to our office: 320 Fork Dr., Floyd, VA 24091 or B) bring it to one of our 7 farmers markets and turn your form and payment into the vendor. You may pay by check or cash at any market and by credit card at specific markets: Greenbriar Nursery Market, West End Community Market, Grandin Village Community Market, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital Share Dropsite, and YMCA Thrift Store Farmers Table (Click here for a list of our markets).
- Call our office (540) 745- 47347 ext. 3 and pay by credit card.
Our Yearly Share Options
Winter Loyalist Share: This all-farm share features fresh & storage vegetables, fresh & preserved fruits, fresh eggs, and many hand-crafted food items from local food producers. Enjoy 8 weekly deliveries from the beginning of November through the end of December with 1 optional vacation day. If you choose the gluten-free variation, your box will still contain all the same fresh produce, eggs, honey, jam, cheese and so on as described in our original information, but on weeks when an item containing gluten appears in the list we will substitute another item of similar value at our discretion. The meat-free option will work the same way. Over the course of the two-month season gluten and meat items only appear about 2 – 3 times each. We will do our best not to duplicate the substitutions, choosing from our large variety of preserved, frozen and fresh foods at our discretion. Sorry but we can only honor one option (meat-free or gluten-free but not both) in order to present you with a varied share box. Sorry we cannot do a vegan box; the meat-free version will still contain eggs and cheeses. The price of the share does not change regardless of the option you choose. You may purchase this share online, by mail, or in person. To purchase the WinterShare online click here: Purchase for $310.00
Fresh Vegetable Share, The Visionary: Features 40+ varieties of fresh seasonal garden vegetables and culinary herbs, 95% of which are organic or biologically-grown. This share is designed for households who love lots of vegetables and who want to prepare meals at home many days of the week. The larger of the two veggie shares sizes. One box every week through mid-October, average of $26 retail value per week. Please see the “Harvest Chart” below to find out which vegetables might be in your box throughout the season.
Fresh Vegetable Share, The Advocate: A smaller box size with a more basic selection of staple veggies & herbs, the majority of which are organic or biologically-grown. This share is designed for smaller households, or less-adventurous veggie eaters, or folks who eat out more often or travel. One box every week through mid-October, average of $19 retail value per week. Please see the “Harvest Chart” below to find out which vegetables might be in your box throughout the season.
Fresh Fruit Share: The Fruit Fan: Features fresh strawberries, cherries, various bush berries, peaches, pears and Asian pears, various melons, and many types of apples. One box every week through mid-October with 2 optional vacation days, average of $15 retail value per week. Please see the “Harvest Chart” below to find out which fruits might be in your box throughout the season.
Fresh Pastured Egg Share: The Egg Enthusiast: Features Weathertop Farm’s Extra Large Brown Eggs from truly free-ranging grass-pastured poultry! “Best Eggs Known to Mankind.” One dozen eggs per week through mid-October with 2 optional vacation days.